Are you an inspiring film maker with a story to tell but no funding to bring your dream to life? The BFI Short Film Fund 2022/23 is still open for submissions offering successful applicants funds up to a maximum of £15,000 along with production and promotional support from top industry executives. Better hurry as the closing date for submissions is midday on 2nd May 2022.
The Short Film Fund is one of many of the BFI Network's funding initiatives supported by the National Lottery Fund to help up and coming filmmakers from all the country secure finances for their films. The initiative is open to directors in the early stages of their careers based in England helping with production costs of fiction shorts. The submission should aim to deliver on the BFI Network's core objectives and to support the following;
- take risks on talent, form and content
- recognise quality of difference in perspective, talent, and recruitment
- cultural references and progressive ideas
- working with directors from all over the country.
- seeking out screening opportunities
- help with networking with potential collaborators
- develop a festival strategy
- advise on any other means of exposure